Guided snowshoe-tours in Schwanden with raclette fun
Above the magnifique area of Lake Thun the winter hiking trail of Schwanden offers a beautiful view to the mountains in the Bernese Oberland.
A quiet fir forest and wide snowscape are dominating the scenery. The panorama view is splendid: In the center you will see the two spectacular mountains Niesen and Stockhorn. This with a traditional raclette (grilled cheese with patatoes) are perfect for a wonderful winter hiking day.
We will be hiking from the bus stop Schwanden Säge an easy tour over Schonegg to Dünzenegg and back to Schwanden Säge.
Details to the snowshoe-tours:
- Dates: 21 December 2019, 4 January 2020, 9 February 2020, 29 February 2020
- Time: 1.00 pm to about 8.00 pm.
- Start/end: Meeting point: Bus stop Schwanden Säge
- Route: Schwanden Säge - Oberi Matte - Schonegg - Dünzenegg - Züsenegggrabe - Schwanden Säge
- Time: 7 hours, hiking time about 4 hours
- Elevation difference: about 380 m up and 380 m down
- Kilometers: about 9 km
- Level of difficulty: medium
- Highlights: Panorama mountains of the Bernese Oberland, relaxing outdoor experience, quietness, traditional raclette
- Price: adults CHF 85.-, children CHF 35.- (10-17 years old), including guide and raclette. Drinks and other expenses are not included. Group rates: on request, rent of snow shoes(incl. sticks) CHF 25.- per person
Number of participants: min. 5, max. 12 persons